25th International Colourstrings Symposium
organized by the Kodály Institute of the Liszt Ferenc Academy of Music
23rd of July – 2nd of August, 2014. - Kecskemét, Hungary
|Group registration fee
(from min. 5 people)
|(Incl. transfers, accommodation, meals, entry fees, course materials)
*Accommodations are in 3-stars hotels, upgrade possible for extra fee.
Green marked parts of the program will be calculated extra upon your request!
1. Please make your registration here.
2. You will get a notification by email, about your successful registration, and about the payment procedure.
3. Once you arranged your registration fee, we will send you the official invitation letter for your visa procedure.
4. After your visa approved, you may arrange the remaining amount of payment. We will send your e-tickets, vouchers and other useful information.
If you have any question, remark, or special request, please contact us!
Who will participate?
What will you find during the event?
- Art school professors and future professors, university managers, culture strategists, talent managers;
- Music teachers and specialists; music teacher trainers;
It is essential, particulary in the
early years, that instrumental teaching is of the highest quality. These
formative first years are cruicial for the child´s future in music. The Colourstrings Method developed by Géza Szilvay and
Csaba Szilvay creates a firm musical foundation for the child. At the
very beginning of learning to play an instrument the child will master
the elements on which all of the later musical and technical
requirements are based. The children receive "a musical parcel" which
encompasses technical skills, a trained ear for music, a deep
understanding of it, as well as outstanding ability in the expression of
- Meet the BEST in music education from more than 30 countries all over the world;
- Discover one of the most efficient methods in musical teaching;
- Improve your teaching technique or discuss how manage a successful music school;
- Find out how Kodály Method can improve perceptual functioning, concept formation, motor skills and performance in other academic areas such as reading and math;
- Find samples for quality elder life, talent management or developing people with disabilities via help of music and folk dance.
The Colourstrings Method is built on the philosophy, ethnomusicology, and pedagogy of the great Hungarian composer Zoltán Kodály. Teachers and university students of violin, viola and cello are welcome to join us in this jubilee occasion of Colourstrings courses.
23rd July – Arrival Day
24th – 25th August – Programs in Budapest
- Arrival expected to Budapest Airport;
- Transfers to the hotels, 4-5-stars options;
- Budapest city guide upon request;
26th July – 1st August - 25th International Colourstrings Symposium
- At least 6 different music production / performance and study visit:
- Open air musical event;
- Visit a folk dance house;
- Visit a music nursery - collecting music teaching methods from nursery to artist level;
- Cassic concert open air at a historical castle;
- Visit a jazz session or jazz training work;
- Visit a chorus practice course in a Church;
- 100 gipsy musicians and dancing production or simphonic orchestra concert;
- After the events: meetings with the artists and production managers , and professors;
- Participating at the programs might change because of weather conditions.
The program will be made up of:
All lessons and workshops of the Symposium will be held IN ENGLISH (and in Hungarian for Hungarian participants).
- daily solfege classes;
- daily violin/viola/cello workshops;
- daily workshops on the Colourstrings Method;
- daily workshops on the application of Zoltán Kodály's educational philosophy in practice;
- evening concerts and social events;
- 4-stars hotel option;
1st August – Closing day
2nd August – Departure Day
- After the conference closing, transfer back to Budapest, 4-5-stars hotel options;
- Farewell ceremony with certification of participation;
- Transfers to Budapest airport;